Do And Don’t For When Your Stay In Pattaya, Thailand
Submitted By: KengIsm
What is considered good manners in one culture may be considered rude in another. For example, in English speaking Western countries it is usually considered good manner to bring a bottle of wine when coming to someone’s house for dinner. In France, however this is considered insulting as it suggests the hosts are unable to provide their own good wine.
In Arab countries it’s rude to display the soles of your feet or touching somebody with your shoes, Also eating with left hand is extremely offensive; for the left hand is reserved for bodily hygiene.
In the United States, it is rude not leaving a proper tip for a server at a restaurant. While in other countries some establishment may add a gratuity to the bill, in the United States this is not usually done and is up to the patron to leave an adequate tip, usually 15 percent.
Here are a few points that you should observe while staying in Pattaya, Thailand.
1. Always take your shoes off when you enter somebody’s home, unless the owner insists you not to take it.
2. Always take your shoes off when you enter a temple hall.
3. No tank-tops, shorts, sleeveless-shirts, allowed in a temple ground and palace ground. Do not climb on stupas (chedis) and Buddha statues.
4. Doorway thresholds are considered a sanctuary for spirits, it’s important not to step on a raised threshold, but rather to step over it. Keep this in mind especially when visiting temples.
5. Thais revere their King greatly, so treat portraits of the King and Queen with respect. Do not step over or standing in bills or coins (they all have the face of the king).
6. Do not point at something with your foot.
7. Do not touch somebody in the head (in Buddhism the head is the most pure region of the body).
8. Tipping is not necessary then eating at mom-and-pop food shops. For high-end restaurants and hotel restaurants, 10-15 percent gratuity is usually included in the bill.
9. Never passionately smooch and kiss in public.
10. Do not feel offended when someone asks you, ”When do you want” they don’t’ mean to be rude , they just don’t know it’s a bad connotation.
11. Other than that, use your common sense. Do what the Romans do.
This is special Advice for new comer in Pattaya Thailand
1. Beware of unauthorized people who offer their services as Pattaya guides. For all tourist information, ONLY contact the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Tel : 1672. For information about Pattaya, contact the Pattaya Tourist Information.
2. Observe all normal precautions, as well as the safety for your assets. Walking alone in night on streets or deserted areas is not recommended. Be sure that all your money, jewelry, and important information are properly protected from stolen. Visitors needing assistance relating to safety, or other matters, please call the Tourist Police (1155).
3. Do not get yourself involved with drugs. Penalties for drug offences are very severe in Thailand.
4. Do not support any manner of wild animal abuse. Never purchase any products or souvenirs made from wild animals like snakes, monitor lizards, and also turtle shell and ivory.
Published At: Isnare.com Free Articles Directory – http://www.isnare.com/
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=199945&ca=Travel