Pattaya Travel Guide - Eat
You're in Thailand, so you know food is never far away. There
are heaps of restaurants, food carts, food courts, food markets,
motorcyle-sidecar hotdog and meatball vendors, fruit sellers both
mobile and stationary, even a roaming coffee peddling tuk-tuk.
OK, so the germ theory of disease doesn't yet seem to be
widely accepted but don't let that stop you from ordering the
Many (although not all) non-Thai-cuisine restaurants also have
at least a limited menu of Thai favorites as well.
Chonburi has a lot of fresh seafood and dried fruits. As there
are a lot of people from the north-east (ISarn) living and working
in Pattaya, there is an abundance of north-eastern favourites
such as Spicy Papaya Salad (Somtum) and Spicy Sour Chopped Pork
- The noodle stall next to the entrance to the North Pattaya
Road bus station does a passable ba mii moo daeng (egg
noodles with red pork) for 25 baht.
- Carrefour food court , Pattaya Klang (near Third Road ). Has good food including excellent & cheap Isaan treats
like som tam (papaya salad) and khao neow (sticky
rice). The Carrefour stand, usually near the parking garage
entrance, has inexpensive sandwiches. edit
- Kiss Food & Drink serves cheap and cheerful Thai
and Western favourites 24/7 at two semi-open-air locations -
one on Second Road opposite Mike Shopping Mall, the other facing
the Dolphin Roundabout.
- Subway  now
has four locations in Pattaya: South Pattaya Road, next-door-but-one
to the entrance to Walking Street (24/7); Beach Road, at the
front of Tipp Plaza (9AM-2AM); Second Road, opposite Soi 1 (10AM-2AM);
Central Pattaya Road, on the ground floor of Carrefour (9AM-11PM)
- or dial 038360083 for free delivery. From 49 baht for a Veggie
Delite Deli Style Sandwich up to 2600 baht for a 6 foot Giant
- The food court in the basement of Tuk.com (see the
Buy | Malls
section) has stalls with a wide range of cheap Thai dishes.
- S&P Coffee Shops, various locations, has inexpensive sandwiches,
like tuna sandwiches for 45 baht.
- Food courts at all BIG C and TESCO Lotus locations have inexpensive
- Several outdoor food stalls along soi 15 (just off Walking
Street). Foreigner friendly and cheap prices (eg Fried Rice
- 50 baht; Chicken, Rice and Soup - 30 baht).
- Apex Hotel on Second Road (adjacent to Soi 11) serves
all-you-can-eat buffets - American breakfast from 7AM-1PM (110
baht/adult, 60 baht/child) and dinner from 6PM-10PM (180 baht/adult,
- Bier-Kutsche German Restaurant in Walking Street between
Soi BJ and Soi Lucky Star is a good German restaurant with moderate
- Cool Kitchen in the PS Bowl/Tops Supermarket complex
(junction of Central Pattaya Road and Second Road) has good
Western and Thai food including narm tok mu (spicy pork salad)
and yum pla dook fu (crispy catfish salad), and is open 24/7.
- Cool House (next to PS Bowl/Tops Supermarket) is Cool
Kitchen's sister restaurant, with much the same menu but more
- Food Wave food court, top floor of Royal Garden Plaza,
is an upscale food court with decent views of the ocean. There's
even an Orange Julius  nearby - Mmmmm!
- Lek Hotel, Soi 13. Serves a large variety of Thai,
Western and international favourites and is open to non-guests.
The buffet breakfast (7PM-1PM, 110 baht/adult, 60 baht/child)
is especially popular, and the buffet dinner (6PM-10:30PM, 180
baht/adult, 100 baht/child) also draws a crowd.
- MK Restaurant has locations in various malls including
Central Festival (Big-C). A chain of Suki restaurants whose
jingle translates as "Eat what? Eat what? Eat what? Go eat MK!"
(it loses something in the translation) and that's just what
you should do. Here you'll get to boil raw ingredients right
at your own table with your own utensils. And don't worry about
putting those chopsticks in your mouth after touching that raw
chicken - just dip them in the boiling water for a few moments.
- Parsa Restaurant is a nice Iranian restaurant serving
high quality modern and traditional Iranian food including kebab
and khoresht you can enjoy iranian drink like doogh as well
- Sher-e-Punjab Restaurant on Soi 11 Beach Road (near
Subway) is an excellent Indian restaurant serving both veg and
non-veg spicy Indian food at moderate prices.
- The Golf Club on Soi L.K. Metro has classic American
diner food such as Reubens, Patty Melts, Meatball Subs, but
also Great British pies, chops and lovely chicken tikka masala
and vindaloos. Pastas and salads, homemade chili con carne and
jacket potatoes as well as beautiful Thai dishes mean that there
is something for everyone here. On Wednesdays, Saturdays and
Sundays, go there for Steak Night as it is the best ribeye,
porterhouse or filet in Pattaya, all cooked on the hickory smoked
BBQ grill. Breakfast from 07:00 has full English, omelets, S.O.S.,
French toast, waffles, eggs Benedict and perfect Bloody Mary's!
Call 085 434 3377 if you get lost.  for more details
- Benihana  international
Japanese steakhouse chain has a location on the second floor
of Royal Garden Plaza. Expect to pay around 1000 baht/person,
excluding alcoholic drinks.
- Bruno's Restaurant  on Thappraya Road is a
fine dining restaurant serving both excellent European cuisine
and some Thai dishes. Multi-course set menus from around 400
baht/person, à la carte also available.
- The Green Bottle on the ground floor of the Diana Hotel
has good steaks and other food.
- Hard Rock Cafe  (in the
grounds of the Hard Rock Hotel resort on Beach Road) serves
American food from essentially the same menu as elsewhere in
the world, from 11:00 until 02:00. Starters 99-377 baht, salads
199-266 baht, mains 277-810 baht, deserts 111-222 baht, beer
- Manhattan Steakhouse  near the junction
of Thappraya & Pratamnak Roads is Pattaya's only "world-class"
steakhouse. Expect to pay upwards of 2,000 baht/person.
- Mantra Restaurant & Bar  near Amari Orchid Resort
& Tower north Pattaya beach road. Asian and Mediterranean
fusion food in a very stylish setting. Sunday brunch is unique.
Expect to pay upwards of 1,500 baht/person.
- TICINO Restaurant & VespaBar  east side of Sukhumvit Road
close to Mabprachan Lake, possibly the most beautiful garden
restaurant with excellent Italian and Swiss delights nowhere
else to be found in Pattaya. Expect to pay THB 500/person excl.
- Five Star J. Restaurant ("jay"="vegetarian"),
at the junction of South Pattaya Road and Third Road; tel. +66-38421105.
A small middle-ranged indoor place that's 100% lacto-vegetarian
and has a vegetarian owner/manager who speaks good English;
also caters for vegans - open 09:00-21:00.
- Vegetarian Club of Pattaya meets at 18:00 on the second
Tuesday of every month for an "international vegetarian adventure
buffet" (199 baht, reservations required - tel. +66-38710805)
at Café New Orleans, Soi Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4).
- Vegetarian cafe on the Central Road, between Second
and Third roads, it has a big yellow-red sign. Dishes 30-60
- Chinese Vegetarian cafe on 3rd road near turn to Thappraya
road, in the building of Blind Massage Center. Very cheap, 30-60